Home Forums Reality TV Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Strictly Come Dancing 2023

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
9 months, 1 week ago
replies
views
users
AMG
vinny
wolfali
    Topics:

I just saw the dance. (Youtube). What did the judges say?

That it was a blend of different style Cha Cha’s, which isn’t ok apparently.

The fact there were different elements to it, bringing in African influences as well as South American they didn’t respond to. But all the critiques fell onto choreography and not so much about how it was danced.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Me when they revealed who the bottom two were:

I did like though that they kept the four people who could have plausibly ended up joining Nikita and Gorka in the bottom two for last. I hate it when they have someone who almost definitely is not going out and someone who was almost definitely at risk of doing so as the last two to announce where they stand in the competition. Likewise the judges made the right choice in who to send home. Even though it was bad I didn’t really mind Les’s dance as much the first time round because it was entertaining but watching it being done again was painful.

Great Tina Turner tribute at the start of the show!

FYC:
    - Elizabeth Debicki ("The Crown")
    - Hacks in all categories
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am RELIEVED

It felt like Les was going to Ed Balls his way through the competition so I am delighted he’s been stopped at the first opportunity.

I also feel like this gives Nikita the chance to improve. I am desperate to see her be given a Latin dance. That could be the making of her in the competition.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I feel like the reception towards Les was quite polarising in spite of him being quite a popular comedy personality so I figured he would end up in the bottom two seeing how he was quite comfortably at the bottom of the leaderboard already. I feel like with Ed Balls on the other hand people just found it so funny that he was even on the show and so just decided to vote for him to see how things would go (it also was a very different time).

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

right result

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Week 3 – Movie Week. Song choices and dances below…

Adam & Luba
    Jive to Take On Me from The Super Mario Bros. Movie

Amanda & Giovanni
    Rumba to Out of Reach from Bridget Jones

Annabel & Johannes
    Waltz to Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Angela R & Kai
    Quickstep to Do-Re-Mi from The Sound of Music

Angela S & Carlos
    Charleston to Who’s Got The Pain? From Damn Yankees

Bobby & Dianne
    Samba to Young Hearts Run Free from Romeo and Juliet

Eddie & Karen
    Couple’s Choice to Men in Black from Men in Black

Ellie & Vito
    Viennese Waltz to Waiting On A Miracle from Encanto

Jody & Jowita
    American Smooth to Married Life from Up

Krishnan & Lauren
    Charleston to Money Money from Cabaret

Layton & Nikita
    Viennese Waltz to There Are Worse Things I Could Do from Grease

Nigel & Katya
    Jive to Batman Theme from Batman

Nikita & Gorka
    Jive to Kids in America from Clueless

Zara & Graziano
    Paso Doble to The Puss Suite from Puss in Boots

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Angela S & Carlos Charleston to Who’s Got The Pain? From Damn Yankees

This is either going to be one of the best dances on the night or one that ends up in the dance off.

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Oh how I always love movie week! Anyway here are my rankings of the dances followed by my scores:

1. Angela and Carlos (9/10): This was a very interesting one to grade because I’m a very big Fosse fanatic. I actually originally followed Shirley and gave it an 8 but ended up upgrading it for two reasons. The first is that throughout the show it kept lingering on my mind which rarely happens this early on in a series. The second is that it reminded me a lot of how I felt watching the samba that Joe and Katya did to Money Money five years ago which is that its a dance that I thought would be one of my all time favourite Strictly memories after watching it. The skill they both put to be so in sync with each other was incredible. What a brilliant tribute.

2. Bobby and Dianne (9/10): I’ve been quite vocal about how overrated  I found this couple initially but this was a dance that just WOWED me and kept my adrenaline high. There was so much fire in this Samba and I thought the risks that Dianne took in the choreography really paid off. Perhaps my grading is too high because my expectations were so low (especially seeing that I mistakingly thought they would be doing a boring Viennese Waltz to Kissing You) but this was peak Saturday night TV.

3. Ellie and Vito (9/10): Another romp.

4. Eddie and Karen (8/10): It was so satisfying to see Eddie improve so much from these past two weeks. I thought giving this dance a 10 was a bit too generous from Shirley but it was nice to see Eddie finding his groove and a dance that really suited him well as a performer.

5. Amanda and Giovanni (8/10): Again I can’t express how much it bugs me that this woman has such horrendous views because she’s such a talented dancer. I actually disagreed with Craig and Shirley and thought the technique was fine but there were aspects of her performance that felt shaky and took me out a bit. She also did seem a bit nervous at points (although to be fair that is only to be expected from a Rumba).

6. Nigel and Katya (8/10): It feels so ironic that I initially found him so overrated but have really taken to him these past two weeks when everyone else has liked him less lol. I really thought they put on a show together with their Jive and were quite nicely in sync in ways some of the other Jives this season haven’t necessarily been. I do agree Nigel’s kicks could have been higher but given its week 3 and that seemed like quite a restrictive costume I thought he did the best that could be expected from him.

7. Angela and Kai (7/10): Her weakest dance but I don’t really care when this woman has such a perfect understanding of her rhythm.

8. Layton and Nikita (7/10): Great dance although I did agree with the judges that it felt like Layton jumped ahead of Nikita a bit too quickly which interrupted the flow a little bit.

9. Annabelle and Johannes (7/10): I did feel like the dance lost its composure a few times but you could see Annabelle’s nerves had dissipated from last week so fingers crossed she only continues to improve as the competition goes on.

10. Zara and Graziano (7/10): Another great improvement. I loved the meowing in the choreography!

11. Nikita and Gorka (6/10): It wasn’t fantastic but I thought Craig and Shirley were a bit too harsh to this one. I thought it was a really big achievement that she managed to push ahead so well after how nervous she was about being in the dance off last week. At least Craig seemed to understand that when he was making his assessment.

12. Krishnan and Lauren (5/10): Perhaps I was just distracted by the Money Money Samba returning in my mind but yeah I don’t get the hype behind this one.

13. Jody and Jowita (5/10): Sweet albeit unmemorable.

14. Adam and Luba (5/10): It was entertaining. But that was really it.

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

My Movie Week Rankings
    1. Angela & Carlos = 9 (Charleston)
    2. Ellie & Vito = 9 (Viennese Waltz)
    3. Bobby & Dianne = 9 (Samba)
    4. Layton & Nikita = 8 (Viennese Waltz)
    5. Amanda & Giovanni = 8 (Rumba)
    6. Angela & Kai = 8 (Quickstep)
    7. Annabelle & Johannes = 8 (Waltz)
    8. Krishnan & Lauren = 8 (Charleston)
    9. Nigel & Katya = 7 (Jive)
    10. Adam & Luba = 7 (Jive)
    11. Eddie & Karen = 7 (Couples Choice)
    12. Nikita & Gorka = 6 (Jive)
    13. Zara & Graziano = 6 (Paso Doble)
    14. Jody & Jowita = 5 (American Smooth)

Those top three were way ahead of everyone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I really liked all of them this week but can honestly say that two set themselves up for not great scores.
    1)Amanda & Giovanni: Yes! This was majorly underscored and should have been all 8s.
    2)Angela S. & Carlos: Not quite in agreement on the 9 but the 8s were where I would have scored them. She also FINALLY connected the top and bottom halves.
    3)Layton & Nikita: Underscored. Should have been straight 8s may be a 9 in there.
    4)Bobby & Dianne: Right score. Not my fav from them.
    5)Angela R. & Kai: Not her best, but wow she is proving age ain’t nothing but a number. She also does not get really complicated choreography, which will bite them in the behind at some point. Score was right.
    6)Zara & Graziano: We have a contender finally! She had the goods and finally connected the upper and bottom halves!
    7)Ellie & Vito: Right score but boring to me.
    8)Eddie & Karen: The 10 was a choice……a bad one. Fun dance agreed with the 8s.
    9)Annabel & Johannes: Should have been all 7s for me.
    10)Krishnan & Lauren: Unexpected…..but a blast.
    11)Adam & Luba: Again A+ personality and I am rooting for him but this was not memorable.
    12)Nigel & Katya: What on Earth did I watch lol. I mean that in the best way possible as it was fun and I would have said straight 7s.
    13)Nikita & Gorka: Most improved for me in terms of losing the nerves. Now lets work on the feet.
    14)Jody & Jowita: No. Overscored for me.

My guess for dance off is Jody and Adam.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I think it’s probably Nikita again and Jody (unless the audience is more sympathetic to the former than I’m expecting them to and the Emmerdale fans don’t turn up en masse to vote for Adam). Should be interesting because on the one hand the judges seemed to like Jody’s dance more but Nikita has the most room for improvement so I can see her surviving by a toe.

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m predicting Jody v Nikita too

Jody was bottom last night so technically would be the judges choice to go.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Is it completely terrible that for musical week….if he is still around….I need them to give Adam anything from ‘A Christmas Story the Musical’ plop fake glasses on his face and hiopefully give him a charleston. That would be a moment

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The number of gasps I let out when Jody and Jowita were announced to be safe followed by Adam and Luba for Zara and Graziano to be the ones who found themselves in the dance off! Did the Love Island audience just not turn up to vote because how?!?!?!?! Sad Nikita’s journey ends here.

Off topic but I was a bit annoyed this year when Nadya wasn’t paired up with anyone but I do like how they’re using her for the special dances in the ballroom.

FYC:
    - Juno Temple ("Fargo")

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am sad for two reasons:
    1)She was just getting into her confidence
    2)Less Gorka dances this season (my fav pro)

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.